Mike reviews some lessons learned as shared by a number of Improvers including Allen, past podcast guest Ben Rady, and podcast new-comers Jane Prusakova and Paul Holser. Topics:
- Programming in the small for readability.
- Whatever happened to programming?
- Balancing flexibility, structure, consistency, and cost.
- Keep tasks small to avoid “yak shaving”.
- Beware local maxima.
- Don’t mistake an array for a hash in Ruby.
- Learning from others is the best way to pick up best practices.
- Don’t fight the framework!